We believe that inspiring work emerges from a community of people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. As part of our commitment to create opportunity for, and attract, develop and retain high potential diverse talent, we encourage applications from under-represented groups in our industry.
Are you looking to pursue a career in Television Development? Avalon Television Inc. is offering a unique internship opportunity. The successful candidate will gain in depth knowledge of the role of a development producer and the skills needed to assist in development. The program will provide an exposure and give experience in various deal structures, formats and packaging processes. At the end of the program, the candidate will have good insight of the different parts of the company and how these fit in to the work of the development department.
Avalon is a multi-award-winning talent management, television production and live promotion group with offices in London, Los Angeles and New York. Voted #1 True Indie in the UK. (Broadcast Indie Survey 2021), Avalon’s numerous ground-breaking returning television shows currently in production include: Not Going Out (BBC), the UK’s longest running sitcom on air; Taskmaster (Channel 4), the BAFTA-winning hit entertainment format showing in 100 countries; multi Emmy-winner, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO); The Russell Howard Hour (Sky), the network’s most successful entertainment show launch since 2010; Starstruck, a new sitcom from the 2018 Edinburgh Comedy Award winner Rose Matafeo (HBO Max/BBC); Everything’s Gonna Be Okay, from creator Josh Thomas (Freeform); Breeders, a sitcom starring Martin Freeman and Daisy Haggard (FX/Sky); a new series of the iconic British satirical puppet show, Spitting Image (BritBox UK); and multiple comedy specials for Amazon Prime Video, HBO Max and Netflix.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN / KEY DUTIES
- Script Notes and Coverage Workshop (great to learn how to do, most valuable piece of learning
- Learn how to give notes and feedback to talent/writers/executives
- Research and Grid maintenance
- Learn how to use StudioSystem, IMDBPro, etc.
- Creation/Management of new and existing grids, including staffing submissions, showrunner/writer lists for purposes of packaging, etc.
- Desk Coverage
- Cover desks and phones at least 1x/a month
- Sit in on General Meetings
- Participate in the new Talent Spotlight Meeting
- Quiz on Major Industry Players, Avalon Colleagues, & Clients
- Weekly check-ins with the Manager
General Assistance & Support for Studio Production team:
- Updating and organizing various departmental databases
- Ad hoc research (vendor, location, etc..)
- Scheduling and administration of department meetings and calendars
- Archiving and document retention of back library production assets
- Assist in reviewing and tracking current/active production documentation and deliverables (on a per-project basis)
- Potential opportunity to gain additional “on-set” experience shadowing on shoots and scouts
Final review and exit lunch with opportunity for questions/career guidance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Keen interest in the entertainment industry (comedy, television, film, theatre)
- A desire to establish a career in the TV development/TV industry
- Positive attitude with a self-starter approach.
- Hard working with a strong attention to detail.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are keen to encourage applications from individuals from under-represented groups.