“As the voiceover of a generation he’s become a national sensation” Samuel Fishwick, Evening Standard
“At his best the Edinburgh native is an unhinged free-form anecdotist” ★★★★Mark Wareham, Mail On Sunday
★★★★ Sharon Lougher, Metro
“Love Island is really funny, thanks in no small part to Scottish comedian Iain Stirling’s voiceover” Tim Jonze, The Guardian
BAFTA-winning comedian Iain Stirling (Taskmaster, Love Island, Comedy Central Live, CelebAbility, Comedy Bus) is set to record his first hour long filmed special which will be captured in two performances in his hometown at Edinburgh King’s Theatre on the 29th March at 5pm and 7.30pm. This stand up special will be available exclusively on Amazon Prime Video in 200 countries and territories worldwide next year.
The extra matinee show at 5pm goes on-sale today at 10am, whilst the 7.30pm show is on-sale now with tickets available at iaindoesjokes.com
The special will feature Iain’s new stand-up show Failing Upwards which he is touring nationwide through 2020, and will explore topics including his inability to function in the most basic of public settings, social media’s constant pressure to “live your best life” and that one time a man stole his shoes.
Iain is best known as the brilliantly funny voice of ITV2’s Love Island. The BAFTA-winning show is the most watched programme for adults aged 16-to-34-year-old across any channel, with the latest season attracting a new record of more than 6 million consolidated viewers. Alongside narrating five series of Love Island, Iain has competed in BAFTA and Emmy-nominated Taskmaster (DAVE), starred in his own 30 minute special on Comedy Central Live (Comedy Central), hosted three series of physical comedy entertainment CelebAbility (ITV2) and appeared on Comedy Bus (Comedy Central). Other television credits include The Russell Howard Hour (Sky One), Comedians Watching Football with Friends (Sky One), The Jonathan Ross Show (ITV1), Saturday Kitchen (BBC One), Russell Howard’s Stand Up Central, The Chris Ramsey Show, Drunk History and The Comedy Store (Comedy Central), The Big Narstie Show (Channel 4), plus an array of panel shows, such as Celebrity Juice, Fake Reaction, Safe Word (ITV2) and Virtually Famous (E4).
Iain’s latest critically-acclaimed stand-up show U Ok Hun?x sold out the entire Edinburgh Festival Fringe in advance of it opening and the subsequent national tour was twice extended. He released his first book about millennials, Not F*cking Ready To Adult, through HarperCollins in May 2018, with the paperback currently available.
Iain’s comedy special will join a collection of previously announced specials from Avalon only on Prime Video. These include recently launched specials, Chris Ramsey, Ed Gamble, Flo & Joan and Paul Chowdhry with specials from Rob Delaney and Jayde Adams to launch early next year. All standup comedy specials will be available exclusively on Prime Video in over 200 countries and territories worldwide.
For more information please contact: Victoria Wedderburn at Avalon on email@example.com or
Other Things The Press Has Said About Iain Stirling
“This summer Stirling is also establishing himself as the voice of the British millennial” Hattie Crisell, The Times
“An extremely funny hour of observational and surreal comedy” Rupert Hawksley, The Telegraph
“The show has taken over all of our lives, our evenings and our Twitter feeds – and much of that is down to the voice of Love Island, Iain Stirling. The Scottish comedian provides the voiceover every kiss, every fight, every ridiculous conversation about Brexit, and makes Love Island the unmissable show it is.” Emma Kelly, Metro
About Prime Video
Prime Video is a premium subscription streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of TV shows and movies—all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place.
- Included with Prime: Watch thousands of popular movies and TV shows, including critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as Good Omens, The Grand Tour, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Homecoming; Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea and The Salesman and Academy Award-nominated Cold War and Beautiful Boy; plus exclusive TV shows like American Gods, Vikings and Outlander; as well as live sport including ATP Tennis and Premier League football, and self-published content. All part of Prime Video, which is now available in over 200 countries and territories worldwide.
- Watch More with Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add 70+ channels like Discovery, ITV Hub+, Eurosport Player, hayu, STARZPLAY and more — no extra apps to download; no long term contract required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. To view the full list of channels available, visit co.uk/channels.
- Rent or Buy: Enjoy hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and entire seasons of TV shows available for allAmazon customers to rent or buy.
- Instant Access: Watch where and when you want with the Prime Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, Fire tablets, games consoles, on the Talk Talk TV set top box, BT TV and Apple TV or online. For a list of all compatible devices visitco.uk/watchanywhere.
- Enhanced Experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD and High Dynamic Range (HDR) compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Watch anywhere with mobile and tablet downloads for offline viewing.
In addition to access to movies and TV shows included with Prime, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free delivery options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited access to a rotating selection of thousands of books and magazines with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalogue with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: amazon.co.uk/prime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.
Avalon is a multi-award-winning talent management, television production and live promotion group with offices in London, New York and Los Angeles. Avalon and ARG, the talent management arm, has discovered and represents many artists that are household names, both in the UK, the USA, and around the world.
Avalon is the number one true independent television production company in the UK and produces numerous ground-breaking television shows including: multi-Emmy and Peabody award winner Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO); multi-award winning and Emmy-nominated Catastrophe (Channel 4/Amazon Prime Video); RTS and Rose d’Or winning Not Going Out (the BBC’s longest running sitcom currently on air); BAFTA and RTS-nominated Taskmaster (DAVE/UKTV); Sky’s most successful new entertainment launch since 2010, The Russell Howard Hour (Sky); the forthcoming Breeders, co-created by Martin Freeman, Chris Addison and Simon Blackwell (Sky/FX); and two seasons of Wyatt Cenac’s Problem Areas (HBO). As well as iconic shows including: Fantasy Football League(BBC/ITV); the multi-BAFTA award-winning TV Burp (ITV); and seven seasons of Workaholics (Comedy Central USA).
Live, Avalon produced Newman and Baddiel: Live at Wembley, the UK’s first arena comedy show; Jerry Springer: The Opera, the first West End show to win all four UK ‘Best New Musical’ awards; and has continued to produce live shows globally, as well as promoting more winners and nominees of the prestigious Edinburgh Comedy Award than any other company.
For Avalon news visit: www.avalonuk.com/press or follow @avalonent