We believe that inspiring work emerges from a community of people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. As part of our commitment to create opportunity for, and attract, develop and retain high potential diverse talent, we encourage applications from under-represented groups in our industry.
Are you looking to pursue a career in Television Development? Avalon Television Inc. is offering a unique internship opportunity. The successful candidate will gain in depth knowledge of the role of a development producer and the skills needed to assist in development. The program will provide an exposure and give experience in various deal structures, formats and packaging processes. At the end of the program, the candidate will have good insight of the different parts of the company and how these fit in to the work of the development department.
Avalon is a multi-award-winning talent management, television production and live promotion group with offices in London, Los Angeles and New York. Avalon, Artist Rights Group (ARG) and The Agency represent a prolific roster of artists including comedians, actors, presenters, writers, and directors. Avalon’s numerous ground-breaking returning television shows currently in production include Not Going Out (BBC), Taskmaster (Channel 4), Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO); The Russell Howard Hour (Sky); Starstruck (HBO Max/BBC); Flatbush Misdemeanors (Showtime); Breeders (FX/Sky); Dogs Behaving (Very) Badly (Channel 5); and multiple comedy specials for Amazon, HBO Max and Netflix.
Other landmark Avalon shows include BAFTA winning and multi-Emmy nominated Catastrophe (Amazon/Channel 4), Fantasy Football League (BBC/ITV), TV Burp (ITV), and Workaholics (Comedy Central). Avalon owns a catalogue of over 3000 hours of content and distributes its programming to over 150 countries worldwide. Avalon has produced many globally successful podcasts and is at the top of the UK iTunes chart with the multi-award-winning Shagged. Married. Annoyed by Chris and Rosie Ramsey.
As a leading promoter of live comedy, Avalon produced Newman and Baddiel: Live at Wembley, the UK’s first arena comedy show; Jerry Springer: The Opera, the first West End show to win all four UK ‘Best New Musical’ awards; and has continued to produce and promote live shows globally, as well as promoting more winners and nominees of the prestigious Edinburgh Comedy Award than any other company
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN / KEY DUTIES
- Script Notes and Coverage Workshop (great to learn how to do, most valuable piece to learn.
- Learn how to give notes and feedback to talent/writers/executives.
- Research and Grid maintenance
- Learn how to use StudioSystem, IMDBPro, etc.
- Creation/Management of new and existing grids including staffing submissions, showrunner/writer lists for purposes of packaging, etc.
- Participate in new Talent Spotlight Meeting.
- Quiz on Major Industry Players, Avalon Colleagues, & clients.
- Weekly check-ins with Manager of Development, Bi-weekly check-ins with Head of Development.
- Final review and exit lunch with opportunity for questions/career guidance from Manager of Development and Head of Development.
- Resume Workshop.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Keen interest in the entertainment industry (comedy, television, film, theatre)
- A desire to establish a career in the TV development/TV industry
- Positive attitude with a self-starter approach.
- Hard working with a strong attention to detail.