We believe that inspiring work emerges from a community of people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. As part of our commitment to create opportunity for, and attract, develop and retain high potential diverse talent, we encourage applications from under-represented groups in our industry.
Are you looking to pursue a career in the talent management industry? Avalon and The Agency have teamed up to offer a unique 4-month internship, providing the successful candidate with a broad introduction to the industry and lots of hands-on experience to develop their career.
ABOUT AVALON / THE AGENCY
Avalon is a multi-award-winning talent management, television production and live promotion group with offices in London, Los Angeles and New York. The Agency represents and manages writers and directors across film, TV and theatre, alongside book rights and children’s literature. Between both companies we represent a prolific and celebrated roster of artists including comedians, actors, presenters, writers and directors. Through this placement the successful candidate will have hands on experience working across two busy talent agencies and learning how they work with other core areas including Television/Distribution/ Press/Marketing/Live and Business Affairs.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN / KEY DUTIES
- Gain key understanding into how the management division works with other core areas of the business
- Liaise with our Promotions/Touring department over clients’ live work, including keeping a note of all gigs and payments
- Liaise with our press team to update them on clients’ activities
- Accompany clients on shoots/TV recordings and live shows
- Organise client show industry invitations
- Assist in the day-to-day running of the office and administration
- Arrange client and directors travel and itineraries
- Monitor upcoming client appearances
- Administration of clients’ contracts (including later negotiating terms)
- Invoice on behalf of clients and chase payments
- Attend staff training sessions and team meetings
- Assist agents with day-to-day tasks such as; assessing material, preparing pitches, researching suitable companies for projects
- Setting meetings for clients and making sure they have all the preparatory material
- Doing rights checks
- Putting together press packs and social media output
- Assisting in the Children’s books department
- Occasional cover of assistant’s desks in order to learn the admin skills needed for entry level jobs in an agency
- Assisting the legal department with contract breakdowns
- Assisting the theatre department with play cataloguing and amateur and foreign licencing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Keen interest in the entertainment industry (comedy, television, film, theatre)
- A desire to establish a career in the talent management industry
- Confident, enthusiastic with a self-starter approach
- Hard working with a strong attention to detail
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO APPLY PLEASE EMAIL YOUR CV AND COVERING LETTER WITH ‘MANAGEMENT INTERN’ IN THE SUBJECT HEADING TO email@example.com
CLOSING DATE IS 14th JULY 2022. PLEASE NOTE – APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED AS AND WHEN WE RECEIVE THEM AND ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
This position is 4 months starting September 2022