We believe that inspiring work emerges from a community of people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. As part of our commitment to create opportunity for, and attract, develop and retain high potential diverse talent, we encourage applications from under-represented groups in our industry.
Are you passionate about pursuing a career in the Television Industry and looking for your route in or next step up the TV ladder? Our 3-month non-scripted internship will give you hands on experience across non-scripted TV. Our programming spans reality shows, documentaries, true crime, lifestyle series & comedy-entertainment formats. We aim to be flexible with our approach so the successful candidate can pursue areas of particular interest.
Avalon is a multi-award-winning talent management, television production and live promotion group with offices in London, Los Angeles and New York. Voted #1 True Indie in the UK. (Broadcast Indie Survey 2021), Avalon’s numerous ground-breaking returning television shows currently in production include: Not Going Out (BBC), the UK’s longest running sitcom on air; Taskmaster (Channel 4), the BAFTA-winning hit entertainment format showing in 100 countries; multi Emmy-winner, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO); The Russell Howard Hour (Sky), the network’s most successful entertainment show launch since 2010; Starstruck, a new sitcom from the 2018 Edinburgh Comedy Award winner Rose Matafeo (HBO Max/BBC); Everything’s Gonna Be Okay, from creator Josh Thomas (Freeform); Breeders, a sitcom starring Martin Freeman and Daisy Haggard (FX/Sky); a new series of the iconic British satirical puppet show, Spitting Image (BritBox UK); and multiple comedy specials for Amazon Prime Video, HBO Max and Netflix.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN/KEY DUTIES
- Gain a broad overview of the development process
- Understand approach to editorial/tone/style across different genres
- Contribute to group brainstorms
- Assist with setting client and broadcast meetings
- Monitor upcoming client appearances/industry trends
- Learn about casting for unscripted formats and reality TV shows
- Use social media to find potential onscreen contributors and new talent.
- Undertake background research for new development projects & pitches.
- Shadow on active productions
- Gain understanding of the key roles within production
- Attend shoot days
- Gain experience of the post-production process
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
No prior knowledge or experience of the television industry required but must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Keen interest across all genres of non-scripted TV (including reality shows, documentaries, true crime, lifestyle series & comedy-entertainment formats).
- Confident, enthusiastic with a self-starter approach
- Hard working attitude
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO APPLY PLEASE EMAIL YOUR CV AND COVERING LETTER WITH ‘NON-SCRIPED INTERN’ IN THE SUBJECT HEADING TO firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE IS 14th JULY 2022. PLEASE NOTE – APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED AS AND WHEN WE RECEIVE THEM AND ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.