It was announced today (26th January 2017) that RUSSELL HOWARD will perform at the Mercedes-Benz Arena in Shanghai, China on the 25th May as part of his upcoming world tour, Round The World. The show will be performed in English.
Round The World’s UK leg already sees RUSSELL playing 10 consecutive nights at the Royal Albert Hall in London and arenas nationwide with multiple dates already sold out and others approaching capacity. Globally RUSSELL will visit a further 36 international cities including: New York, Wellington, Toronto, Gothenburg, Amsterdam, Sydney, Oslo, Washington DC, Chicago, Dublin, Helsinki, Vancouver, Reykjavik, Melbourne and San Francisco – touring the USA, Canada, Australia, China, Europe and New Zealand .
All dates and tickets are available at: www.russell-howard.co.uk
UK TOUR DATES
|06-Feb-17||Bristol Hippodrome||SOLD OUT||13-Mar-17||Cardiff Motorpoint Arena||SOLD OUT|
|07-Feb-17||Bristol Hippodrome||SOLD OUT||14-Mar-17||Cardiff Motorpoint Arena||SOLD OUT|
|08-Feb-17||Bristol Hippodrome||SOLD OUT||15-Mar-17||Cardiff Motorpoint Arena||SOLD OUT|
|09-Feb-17||Bristol Hippodrome||SOLD OUT||17-Mar-17||Genting Arena Birmingham||SOLD OUT|
|10-Feb-17||Bristol Hippodrome||SOLD OUT||18-Mar-17||Genting Arena Birmingham|
|22-Feb-17||Dublin Vicar Street||SOLD OUT||21-Mar-17||Hydro Arena Glasgow|
|23-Feb-17||Dublin Vicar Street||SOLD OUT||22-Mar-17||Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre|
|24-Feb-17||Dublin Vicar Street||SOLD OUT||23-Mar-17||Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre|
|25-Feb-17||Dublin Vicar Street||24-Mar-17||Metro Radio Arena Newcastle|
|26-Feb-17||Dublin Vicar Street||25-Mar-17||Capital FM Arena Nottingham||SOLD OUT|
|01-Mar-17||Royal Albert Hall||SOLD OUT||26-Mar-17||Capital FM Arena Nottingham||SOLD OUT|
|02-Mar-17||Royal Albert Hall||28-Mar-17||SSE Arena Belfast|
|03-Mar-17||Royal Albert Hall||SOLD OUT||30-Mar-17||ACC Liverpool Echo Arena|
|04-Mar-17||Royal Albert Hall||SOLD OUT||31-Mar-17||Manchester Arena|
|05-Mar-17||Royal Albert Hall||SOLD OUT||03-Apr-17||Bournemouth International Centre||SOLD OUT|
|06-Mar-17||Royal Albert Hall||04-Apr-17||Bournemouth International Centre||SOLD OUT|
|07-Mar-17||Royal Albert Hall||05-Apr-17||Bournemouth International Centre||SOLD OUT|
|08-Mar-17||Royal Albert Hall||07-Apr-17||Sheffield Motorpoint Arena|
|09-Mar-17||Royal Albert Hall||09-Apr-17||First Direct Arena Leeds|
|10-Mar-17||Royal Albert Hall||SOLD OUT|
NOTES TO EDITORS
- The latest series of Russell Howard’s Good News saw three segments go viral, from a passionate backing of junior doctors and the NHS (7 million views and described by Huffington Post as, “incredible”), an interview destigmatising Tourettes (3.8 million views and described as, “uplifting and hilarious” by The Independent) and demonstrated the absurdity of the tampon tax (8 million views with Metro saying RUSSELL, “nailed how stupid the tampon tax actually is.”)
- Russell Howard’s Good News is available around the world via a YouTube channel launched in 2014 – allowing fans to watch full episodes of the show (without piracy) in countries where the show wasn’t already broadcast – and has had over 11 million views and been watched in 180 countries (including North Korea and Vatican City).
- Last year RUSSELL took his “twinkly eyed smasher of a mum” NINETTE HOWARD on an eye-opening trip around the USA for a series on Comedy Central which is their highest rating original commission.
- After RUSSELL has completed his world tour, he will write and star in a new series for Sky 1 as part of a two-year deal
- Christmas 2015 saw RUSSELL’s first comedy-drama with the premiere of, A Gert Lush Christmas (BBC Two). As well as co-writing the special, RUSSELL starred for the first time along-side his sister KERRY HOWARD (Him & Her, BBC Three), GREG DAVIES (The Inbetweeners, Man Down, Channel 4), NEIL MORRISSEY (Men Behaving Badly, Waterloo Road, BBC1), and SOPHIE THOMPSON (EastEnders, BBC1).
- Episodes of Russell Howard’s Good News have even been subtitled and uploaded to Chinese video site AcFun, where the show has also been watched over 4 million times.
- RUSSELL HOWARD is the most popular British comedian on Facebook with over 3.2 million fans and over 1.2 million followers on Twitter.
- In its new home on BBC TWO Russell Howard’s Good News regularly achieved over 3 million viewers each week.
- 10 series of Russell Howard’s Good News has seen RUSSELL write and star in 96 episodes.
- Russell Howard’s Good News is regularly the most watched show on iPlayer across all BBC Channels.
- RUSSELL’s brand new stand-up series – Russell Howard’s Stand Up Central, which aired from April 2015 on Comedy Central (UK) achieved viewing figures of 159% above the slot average for its first episode.
- RUSSELL’s latest 2014 tour, Wonderbox – his biggest tour to date, saw him perform to over 285,000 fans at 40 shows across the UK and Ireland, including four consecutive nights at London’s Royal Albert Hall.
- RUSSELL extended his 2014 Wonderbox tour across the world following over 17,000 suggestions from his fans after he asked them via Facebook where they’d most like to see him perform. The extra sold out dates saw RUSSELL travel to New York, LA, San Francisco, Chicago, Washington DC, Denver, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane and Auckland.
- His tour in 2011, Right Here, Right Now saw him perform to over 240,000 fans across the country, including three sold out dates at London’s O2 arena.
- RUSSELL has performed to over one million people on his UK and international tours from 2006-2014.
- RUSSELL HOWARD has four bestselling stand-up DVDs, 2014’s Wonderbox Live, 2011’s Right Here, Right Now, 2008’s Russell Howard Live and 2009’s Russell Howard Live – Dingledodies, which have sold over 619,000 DVDs and all been in the top 5 DVD comedy chart.
- RUSSELL was voted Heat Magazine‘s “Weird Crush of the Year 2013″
- RUSSELL HOWARD has made 58 appearances on Mock The Week between 2006 and 2010.
- In addition to being a regular on Mock The Week, RUSSELL has twice featured on Live At The Apollo and appeared on Would I Lie To You (BBC One), Never Mind The Buzzcocks (BBC Two), and 8 Out 10 Cats (Channel 4).
- In 2010 RUSSELL HOWARD took part in the Sport Relief Million Pound Bike Ride with DAVID WALLIAMS, JIMMY CARR, FEARNE COTTON, MIRANDA HART, PATRICK KIELTY and DAVINA McCALL – cycling 874 miles from John O’Groats to Land’s End in 4 days and raising over £1, 337.099.
- In the same year RUSSELL HOWARD ran the London Marathon, raising money for the National Society for Epilepsy – a condition from which his brother suffers. He completed the 26 mile course in 4 hours and 15 minutes and raised over £7,000.
- RUSSELL HOWARD’S fifth ever stand-up gig got him to the final of Channel 4’s So You Think You’re Funny.
- In 2006 RUSSELL HOWARD was nominated for the Edinburgh Fringe Comedy Award for his show Wandering, which followed with a nationwide sell-out tour.
- From November 2006 to July 2008, RUSSELL co-hosted The Russell Howard Show (BBC 6 Music) with fellow comedian JON RICHARDSON in a Sunday morning slot previously hosted by RUSSELL BRAND.